This is a five-day intensive and experiential holiday programme that targets the intricacies in Literary Texts.
What does this poem mean? What impressions can I form of the characters? How is this chapter linked to the theme? This holiday, we're bringing you on an adventure into the world of literature.
With a unique teaching approach and carefully-crafted materials, our holiday programme will arm you with a literary pickaxe to mine meaning from your texts. Enlivened by fun and games such as poetry slams, hot seating, tableaux, and even a murder mystery… are you ready to get lit with Lit?
(Secondary 3 to 5)
- Learn how to annotate a poem
- Analyse poem for sound (e.g. alliteration, rhyme) and figurative language (e.g. simile, personification)
- Read and respond critically to a short prose
- Analyse for suspense and tension (e.g. setting, plot) and character (e.g. characterisation, POV)
- Appreciate a dramatic performance
- Analyse for dramatic techniques (e.g. dramatic irony)
Poetry: Environment; Singapore
Poetry: Youth Issues; Growing Up
Prose: Love; Relationships
Prose: Good VS Evil; Justice
Drama: Love, Fate and Death
Lesson duration and fees
2 hours/lesson, 5 days
Run 1: 12 Jun - 16 Jun, 12.30pm - 2.30pm (Eastgate)
Online (MS Teams) option available
Fees: $475 ($95/lesson)
Early Bird (till 14 May 2023) OR Existing Student: 10%
(STACK AND SAVE!) Multiple programmes discount: +5% off for each additional full programme signed up
A la carte options available.
Call 9272 1027 to enquire for more details.